RE: (ET) Dashboard removal

I attempted to get at the mower-lift switch, once on my early E-12.  I
found
that the vertical dash panel (with the switches) and the horizontal panel
(with
the gauges) are apparently a one-piece plastic part.  This precluded
removing
only the vertical part.

The horizontal part, in addition to being one with the vertical part, and
the
individual gauges being clamped from the underside, is also drilled for the
steering wheel shaft, which would have required removal of the steering
wheel.

I finally managed to make my electrical measurements elsewhere, thereby
saving
me from having to do all the dismantling described above.

I did conclude that if ever do have to remove the dash panel sometime,
while I
have it off, I will probably cut the vertical from the horizontal and
re-install
as (2) pieces.

  |"Elie, Larry (L.D.)" <lelie ford com>