Re: (ET) Conversion

Mike, I have done that same conversion on an E-20. If you go back in the
archive to March and April I posted several updates on my progress under
Electronic Speed Control if I remember correctly. The hardest part was
figuring out how to make all of the safety switches work with the new
controller and integrating the new wiring with the existing wiring. Also,
getting the pot box mounted inside the existing speed control box was time
consuming. It is all doable though. Mine worked on the first time out
which I
was extremely proud of. It is wonderful being rid of the drive relays,
switches, and resistors.

As I worked on the conversion I built a wiring diagram of what I was
doing.
It was pretty rough and I planned on cleaning it up. I had intended on
making
that wiring diagram available to the group in June. I have been unable to
finish it in that time. I have worked on it a couple of times and am about
half done. I messed up my writing hand this past Saturday and am just now
able to do a little bit of writing again. So maybe I can get on it this
next
week while I am unable to do manual labor yet.

I would be happy to answer any questions you have. Where are you located?
live in Vancouver, WA. I am not familiar with an E-12. Is that a permanent
magnet motor? Or a compound wound motor?   Kirk