(ET) New motors on deck

Got another mower motor from Harold as a spare. I was going to pull the motor with the vibration this weekend and swap it, but getting the 4 bolts off the edge is always a pain.

So I realized something: The large motors have the ability to be split in half and come apart simply by taking the top off, then the two bolts on the side. Disconnect the wires from the motor, take out the screws, and the whole motor comes apart leaving the shell and magnets in the deck.

I replaced the armature with a spare I had (since the magnets tend to fail instead of the armatures I have a couple of them), lubed the bearings, and installed. *So much quieter* with almost no vibration at all. The third motor vibrates a tiny bit; I'll leave it alone during the summer and check it over in the winter. Tractor lasts longer on a charge as well, so yes worked over deck motors are worth it. And I like the large ones better.

Next up: Don't know. Maybe I'll check on all of the relays and contactors or something like that.