Re: (ET) chains

I under stand the drive way thing. They will mark it up. Even more if there is some weight on the back. The extra traction is use full. I tried different styles of tread, but nothing replaces the chain for traction. I live in a rural area and have assess to some of the acreage behind me to get some wood and such.
My drive is dirt. The ride is not good on the hard surface. ( I to need to reduce my gut )
To help with the "one wheel peel" I put a limited slip in it from a old hydro unit.

On Thu, Jan 23, 2014 at 3:16 AM, David Roden <etpost drmm net> wrote:
On 22 Jan 2014 at 22:04, Nick Skinner wrote:

> they [chains] won't do damage [to dry surfaces] ...

They may not damage my driveway, but they might damage ME.  Driving a
tractor with chains on asphalt just about shakes my teeth out, and reminds
me that I could still stand to lose a few inches in the gut.

David Roden - Akron, Ohio, USA

Note: mail sent to the "etpost" address will not reach me.  To send