Re: (ET) Zero Turn Electric Mower Conversion

On 4 Nov 2013 at 13:55, Pieter Litchfield wrote:

> I wonder if there isn't an electric forklift or mover controller that
> would do the job?

4QD make 'em.   You'd need two of their controllers, one for each wheel.

http://www.4qd.co.uk/prod/index.html

You'd also need a joystick interface.

http://www.4qd.co.uk/accs/jsi.html

Their controllers are mostly designed for PM motors, but could be adapted
for wound field motors.  The electric brake function on some models could
be
used to switch on the fields before applying power to the armatures.

http://www.4qd.co.uk/fea/pb.html

I love 4QD's website.  The design hasn't changed in at least 15 years.
It's
all information and no glitz (or Flash), done in simple static html so it
loads in an instant, even on the slowest internet connection.  It also has
lot of useful drive system design information.