Re: (ET) Snow and good tires

On 26 Jan 2013 at 14:51, The CZ Unit wrote:

> So replacing the old tires, even if they have plenty of tread, is a good
> idea.

I run chains all winter long, so for plowing, I don't think the condition
of
the rear tires matters much.  In fact I keep the chains on a pair of
wheels
with old, hard, slippery tires, and save the wheels with the sticky new
tires for summer.

Putting new tires on the front made a huge difference in steering though.
In snow, the tractor used to sort of go in the general direction I turned
the wheels, if I were thinking nice positive thoughts at that moment.  Now
it actually goes where I point it most of the time.  Funny how that works.

(Thanks for the good tires, Jim.)

David Roden - Akron, Ohio, USA