(ET) Lift motor at 36 volts

Since I have about 4 spare lift motors here I figured I would try one at 36 volts. So I hooked it up to 12, verified operation, then put it on 36 without the gear.

The motor will spin *fast* with no load. I tried it on another (that turns out to have a shorted winding field) and at 36 volts it spun and drew a lot of current. Taking that one apart I could see a bit of evidence of flash-over on the commutator bar.

Overall though it will do it. I guess the big worry would be reducing the overcurrent protection, as 10a at 36 volts is equal to 30a at 12 volts, and you really shouldn't pull over 20a on those motors.

Maybe I'll wire it up to the E15 and see how long it lasts.

Chris