Re: (ET) Mower guide retainer quesrions

Geez, you make this vendor thing sound so huge :-)

I'm right here in central VA, having just returned from the trip to
Vermont for the big gathering... 9 hours for the last leg from Scranton
was rather ridiculous, but I made it detours and all. Harold is nearby in
central PA. Since you say it has been years since you got parts, you
probably last dealt with Bill Gunn in Wisconsin, who I (Electric Tractor
Store) bought out a few years ago.

To your second question, yes I have those brackets (OEM, new old stock),
but...

To your first question, the alternative is to put the bracket in place
then drill a hole on each side, through the rail of the frame and the
"stabber" part of the bracket. Then install a small bolt (10-32 or 1/4-20)
to hold in place. Strongly suggest stainless in this location.
Functionally just as good if not better than OEM bracket, but... it
defaces the tractor if you are a purist.

Andy Poush wrote:
> 1) has anybody found a better way to retain the guide than the oem part?
> If so please describe it.
>
> 2) the needed oem part 243a4786p1 (qty 2) could be sourced from more than
> one vendor (according to myelektraks.com). Ideally id like to order from
> place close to VA that would ship the same day by std ground. Can anyone
> recommend a vendor that fits those criteria?

Jim Coate
www.ElectricTractorStore.com