(ET) Mowing

I recently acquired a nicely refreshed E12s. I have never mowed with an Elec-Trak. This E12s has a rebuilt mower so it is running in top condition. My only comparison is with a 36" 3 blade 13HP commercial walk behind. Side discharge and allow clippings on to the grass to feed the lawn. Very clean cut.

I mowed briefly with the Elec-Trak for the first time and found that it did a fair job. Rear discharge. Lots of clumps and some unevenness. Admittedly, I am a complete novice in its use. Speed may have been too fast and perhaps I need to adjust the cutting height though I believe it was at about 3" and I was taking roughly an 1.5" off. I will most certainly need time to play a bit and makes some adjustments.

Does the internal combustion engine simply produce a faster blade rpm and thereby a cleaner cut? Is there a difference between a side discharge deck and a rear discharge deck in terms of performance? I have read that many of these decks had no baffles while others do. I have baffles on my deck and they are in good shape. The deck was well put together.

I would appreciate comments, thoughts and direction. Thank you.

Paul