(ET) Frame Question

Working on the I5 i recently acquired. Got it down to the frame and i am about to start welding in some new steel and reinforcement.

Looking at the frame on sawhorses it appears to have a crown to it. Not something caused by damage. Looks like the frame was manufactured that way with a slight arch. I am guessing for strength maybe? Has anyone noticed this or know anything about how the frames were manufactured? It is my understanding that they were rolled from sheet steel.

Thinking/hoping that the transmission mounting tabs are angled to compensate for this "arch" in the frame....