(ET) Poor Marty (and getting the pressure washer together...)

Poor poor Marty. Looks like he chose his Yahoo password... poorly.

Anyway, still working on the pressure washer. Today I decided to put 16 gauge steel over the big hole in the washer deck so I could sit the motor on *that* and not have all the weight on the pump. Worked fairly well, however the pump gasket doesn't quite mate so I will have to put in another 16 gauge "washer" in there as a shim.

Never dull. I'll have to come up with something better later.

In the meantime, the motor is on and one half of it is secured to the deck. Big problem is I have to have the pump mated in order to line everything up and of course drilling generates *tons* of metal shavings. If one gets into the pump it's all over of course.

Never dull. Before the mosquitoes took over the yard I was able to get most of the mounting completed before I ran out of bolts. I'll stop by Home Depot tonight, and hopefully finish up the physical work tomorrow.

Then I just need to sit down and wire up the motor. I'm thinking full field, full armature, with a contactor controlled by a switch attached to an extension cord going to the E20 accessory plug. That should do it.