Re: (ET) Lift motor ideas?

Note that running the lift motor at 24 volts will shorten its life. They are basically 12 volt motors that GE ran at 18 volts, which is OK for intermittent use. 24 volts is pushing it.

David Roden wrote:
What is the current thinking on the best option for replacing a lift motor? After almost 14 years of yeoman duty at a no doubt perspiration-inducing 24 volts, my E15's lift motor finally failed Friday, during a long snow-ramming session. It started making an odd gravely noise, and shortly thereafter switched to grumbling and refusing to lift the blade more than a couple of inches. Then it quit working altogether, though it went back to grumbling old man mode after it had a chance to cool (guess there's a thermal protector in there).

--
Jim Coate
*The Electric Tractor Store*

NOTE: Mail sent to the "NO_REPLY" address will *not* reach me.
To send me a private message, please follow the directions here:
http://www.coate.org/contact_jim/