(ET) weeping battery?

<If the battery is sitting directly on the cement garage floor, you may be getting the result of the coolness of the concrete up through the battery case and the evaporation of "boiling" liquid (if it's charging) is condensing on the battery top.>

That was my first thought, but I think it unlikely as I've had the battery on two different garage floors (one garage is considerably drier than the other) and it's not a diffuse condensation--it's puddles. Wasn't charging it at any time this happened.

Thanks.

Thon