Re: (ET) Update my my old "cooked" Trojan batteries

and what's the best indicator of a battery's state of charge  specific gravity or at rest voltage?

my 2 yr old interstate pack have never registered an sg of greater that 1.265 no matter how hard I charge them(lately that's 2.45v per cell).  Is this natural?  I've other packs that when fully charge are at 1.300.  will different brands of batteries use different acid concentrations?

I guess the good side of that low sg is they won't die of grid corrosion!  ;^)
ciao,
dave b