Re: (ET) Mower motors

I have many plenty of used ones, and few brand new shells (so new don't have flanges yet). Harold, Jon K, and others also usually have used ones from machines they strip for parts. And for a while at least Kansas Wind and maybe Harold had complete NOS motors. So I don't think there is any major worry of a shortage.

But if you are having many magnets break, the bigger issue might be if something else is wrong. Are the blades balanced? Armature good? does the shaft run true? Is the deck straight and crack-free? All fasteners nice and tight so no rattles?

Tim Humphrey wrote:
Broke another magnet. No more spares.
What are the current options for replacement mower motors out there? What is the METI using for mower motors?
--
Jim Coate
*The Electric Tractor Store*

NOTE: Mail sent to the "NO_REPLY" address will *not* reach me.
To send me a private message, please follow the directions here:
http://www.coate.org/contact_jim/