To: <elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu>
Sent: Thursday, April 23, 2009 12:17 PM
Subject: Re: (ET) Fully charged pack voltage

On 23 Apr 2009 at 13:05, Michael S Briggs wrote:

Your info on what the OEM charger does is very helpful - I was
wondering if it did any current tapering.

The GE charger is a ferroresonant design.  This helps to keep its output
voltage stable over a moderately wide range of input voltages. Thus it acts
like a regulated power supply.

Essentially, it IS a taper charger, about the simplest charge control
available.

David Roden - Akron, Ohio, USA