Re: (ET) A stark comparison

Max Hall wrote:
Sheesh: the difference between putting tire chains on a wheel by itself (not on the vehicle) in a warm basement and putting tire chains on a wheel that's on a vehicle outdoors on a cold day when slush is falling from the sky... In the broad sense, same job. But really, not the same job. No, not the same. Not at all.

My all your jobs be on the indoor-chain-application end of the difficulty spectrum, all you wonderful ETers. Happy holidays!

Thank you. I just put the blower on the tractor this afternoon; not too tough a job; the key really is to drive the tractor to the blower, then hook up the lift, then let the lift bring the blower bracket in line with the tractor bracket. Then a quick reverse and forward and the bracket clicks in.

With that on and up, it's a lot easier to jack up the rear for the chains.

On a side note, I really need to do something about the rust on my E20. Just discovered that the front battery box sides are rusted at the bottom; great. And there is still rust in the rear box. Looks like I'll be doing a total strip, weld, and paint job this spring.

Chris