Re: (ET) the tools discussion

Just chucked out a Milwaukee drywall screwdriver. Bad front end.   BTW -
noticed that Milwaukee dosn't use a ball thrust bearing in their drill
motors behind the chuck any more.  AND  that thrust bearing had
evaporated in a couple older Milwaukees I know of.   Yes, they are good
tools.  But not as well built as they were - just like a lot of stuff
these days isn't as good as t once was.  Cheap import steel, diecast
parts that break or rot out.  Bout the only things everyone could agree
are  better now are computers, phones, and the MPG ratings of some new
cars.
tools again;  Note the switch by most rechargeable tool mfgrs away from
NIMH's and back to (improved) nicads.  A lesson hard learned by em all.
See the thread regarding Nimh's.

Dave
Weymouth MA