Re: (ET) 48v electrac

subscriptions aeolusdevelopment com wrote:
I thought the mower motors were PM? There won't be any field weakening. The speed increase from the extra voltage might be an issue, especially
when it come to stopping the blades as might the extra surge current from
starting at 48V.

PM motors have a fixed field strength that is computed based on the expected armature voltage and current. If you increase the arm voltage without changing the field you have the equiv of field weakening. The motor spins a lot faster, less torque, more current thru windings. Bad.

FWIW there exist 36V and 48V variants of the OX using the same accessories.
Internal support wiring differs though.

I'd be cautious about assuming that 36V motors and accessories will be
useable or safe at 48V but that's less likely to be an issue than relays,
resistors etc...

I'd say give it a go, but it would be sad to either torch the motors or cause a blade to shatter.

Chris