Re: (ET) E-12 electrical problem

No reverse is probably a blown diode. Check the archives; I went thru this whole thing with someone else. Basically there are two diodes that provide field power to the field from the quad contactors (in your case, dual) regardless of the polarity on the armature.

When one blows up, field doesn't come up, armature gets 100% current and hot as all get out. Replace with >5amp diodes from Radio Shuck.

E12: Simple as pie.

Chris

willaim att net wrote:

I get no forward movement with the speed control. The speed control
microswitches check out OK. I can see no loose wires  or signs of
overheating in the control panel. I did notice  that the center terminal
on the charger was strangely very warm.
After getting it into my garage, I found that re-engaging the power
disconnect causes the traction motor to go in reverse, with or without the
key switch being on and with the speed control in neutral.
I have a manual, but I don't know how correct the page 4-4 schematic is
because some previous owner apparently made the conversion of double to
single contactors. The model number is 26AE12HA. Anyone out there ever
have this problem or have a clue to advise me?

Bill Alburty in KC