Re: (ET) T105 capacity vs BB600

Christopher Zach wrote:
Ok I gotta finally ask.  what are flooded NiCd's?  I know what NiCd's are,
I am quite familar with flooded lead-acid and I always thought "flooded"
refered to being "wet".  Are thes NiCd's wet??  Does flooded mean
something other than what I've thought all these years??

They gas when charged.  They also gas when discharged.  They need to be vented.  They should be fan cooled when charged.  They should be charged at 3 times their discharge rateing to get the maximum life out of them.  Their fill hole is very small, 1/4 to 3/8 inch.  They need to be mounted with the fill hole up.  They need to be mounted so you can reach the fill hole because you have to fill then often.  The chemical in them is a poison.  I don't know if its true but,  I heard that they need to be mounted in a strong metal box to keep them from expanding when they get hot.  If they expand to much they will loose the seal around the contacts and leak.

Ralph V
ralphgv centurytel net