Re: (ET) Need lifter motor.

They were used in Buicks in the early 70's vintage. They come up for auction from time to time on Ebay.

Do not try the later model motors; they don't work.

Also if you get a Buick one you will have to modify it as they use the case as ground. There's an article somewhere on this; I just bought 4 of them (2 RH and 2 LH). Keep your gear case and you should be able to use either side.

Better idea if you're wondering what I just wrote is to call Harold Zimmerman and buy one from him. He's a good egg, and well worth the price.

Oh and the tiller is great. Lifting it by hand though takes a bit of work :-)

Chris

James Jarrett wrote:
I'm in the process of getting my new (to me) tiller running and I have
come to the horrible conclusion that the drive motor to my rear lift
assembly is smoked.

I bought this ET last year, and it has served me well, but I did not
notice that the last owner had re-wired the connection for the lifter to
36v, not 18.  It worked well enough with no-load so I didn't notice, but
the instant I put a load on it, it let the smoke out.

Anyone have, or can point me to, a new motor for it?  I seem to recall
the motor is an automotive power window motor, if that's true, anyone
know what kind?

Thanks,

James