Re: (ET) Alltrax regen brake / roll-detect feature

Thanks for the info,
That explains why I have never seen any regen on my load meter.  I thought something might be wrong

 Ralph Vogan

Markus Lorch wrote:
Answering my own questions here: I just talked with an engineer from
Alltrax. Their controller constantly powers the field, but only with a
very small current. This way they can detect if the wheels start moving
and apply more power to stop it.

Their regen braking is really plug braking as I thought. They don't
put any power back into the batteries but rather short-circuit the
armature whilst powering the field to achieve the braking effect.

Markus