Re: (ET) Battery height

It's a challenge to cut off the studs without damaging the seals round the
posts.  If the seals are damaged, acid weep will result, making it harder
keep batteries clean and making ground faults more likely (admittedly not
that
much of a problem with ETs, unless it's really bad).  If you want to whack
them off, I recommend against any kind of power saw.  I've done OK using a
hacksaw - slowly and gently.  Patience is a virtue.  <g>

The right way is to get the kind of post you want from the start.  If
you're
having trouble, try to find a cooperative US Battery (also sold as
"Interstate
Workaholic") vendor.  USBMC will put any kind of posts you want on their
batteries, and a decent battery vendor should be able to special order
them
for you.  That way you're also assured of fresh stock.   I recommend L
posts.