Re: (ET) dumb question on controllers.

Many of the curtis units for series (1204 for example) can be used with PM or shunt.  It is in the owners manual.  You can go to their web site and down load.

"Chapin, Tim" <tchapin bf umich edu> wrote:

I see a lot of Curtis controllers on eBay for series motors.  Not much in the permanent magnet end of things (just the cheap scooter controllers)

I am looking into building an electric bike using a deck motor (permanent magnet) as it power source.

Can you hook up a series motor controller to control a permanent magnet motor?