(ET) shredder

I also have an 8 hp IC shredder that is about 30 years old. I spent $17.72 on ignition and carb. parts and got it running again. I had considered switching to electric power but gave up when it became evident that the shredder flywheel had become chemically bonded to the output shaft of the motor. Wheel puller, penetrating oil (Kroil) and heat combined could not free it. On mine it is keyed (1/4") to a one inch shaft with a 3/8th 24 bolt into the shaft end. This flywheel is quite heavy and its inertia makes up for the lesser torque of the IC motor. When it is turned off it coasts for many revolutions. Ir. will be very interesting to see how your conversion pans out.