Re: (ET) Replacing main disconnect

Ok. So putting a 200amp 10,000 volt AIR DC rated fuse (say one from a large APC UPS) will do the trick. That works; most of those are rated for 48 volts anyway.

I'll sit down over the weekend and figure out how to implement such a beast. I suppose one could put the fuse in between the battery pack's individual batteries (say between 1 and 2), however if anything goes to ground you could have part of the pack bypass the fuse. Thus it would have to go into the last battery connection itself.

Hm.

Chris

RJ Kanary wrote:

    It takes a sustained 200A load to vaporize the OEM fuse link.
The switch kit that Tech Parts formerly sold retained the fuse link by providing a piece of plastic with the switch to mount it on . As soon as my server is restored after a domain hijacking incident, I will scan and post the instructions that Bill had provided.