Re: (ET) gas mower conversion

These are generalities, but I think are pretty close to reality.

1. In used ETs the three most important things are location , location,
location. From what I've seen in the NE and north mid-west you may well see
them in the newspaper classifieds or local papers. elec-trak.org and this
site are probably the best places to start. Ebay has them pretty often.
Where are you located?

2. You may be lucky and find one that has been well cared for, but I think
mostly you will find they have rust. You will pay a premium for a
non-rusted
machine >$1000 from what I've seen. Luckily the sheet metal is relatively
easy to replace or repair. The major parts are very heavy duty or cast so
you shouldn't have major structural problems. One left in the rain out will
be more rusted and will have nests and stuff but can still be electrically
and mechanically sound. If you are very lucky there are a few still in
crates that get found from time to time.

3. Don't know. I think you'd be happier with an ET - it comes with a built
in support group.

4. There's an E20 on Ebay.

Good luck - be patient and one will come along that's right.

- SteveS