Re: (ET) ETs After Bill Gunn

  While we'll all miss Bill's knowledge and expertise; as I look back on
my
short ETrak ownership experience I realize that most of the answers,
encouragement and inspiration came from all of you.

  Bill was there for the odd part and specific knowledge he is/was the
restorer's godsend that's for sure.  I suppose too for those of us who
just
want to mow the grass or clear the drive of snow, but let's not sell our
collective knowledge and expertise short.

  I think what Darryl is proposing will go a long way to filling the void
left by Bill G's well deserved retirement.  It could also make us a
stronger
more independent org/list, not dependent on one person's knowledge.  I
like
the idea of a collective effort, of the website FAQ, tips, resources,
substitute parts and updated electrics like the Altrax controller.

  Done collectively and with forthought it could outlive all of us. And in
turn each of us having contributed to it will live on long after our
passing.
I'll stop here before I get too philosophical.

All I really want/need to say is I like and will support anyway I can
Darryl's suggestion.  I would be glad to help in the compilation,
formatting
and uploading of a FAQ and resource list.

dave
seattle