Re: (ET) transformer

In a message dated 5/10/2004 10:13:10 AM US EST, camplite shaw ca writes:

> I am not sure what the microfarad value of the capacitor is. The numbers
> on
the capacitor > are as follows.
> GE 45F606
> 4 UF  660 V
> 551-720 V max
> 60hz.
> 75-81

Ray,

I just rejoined this list after a 4 year absence, and the first message I
got
was yours.

Nope, that is actually four mfd. And that 660 V rating is correct, too. I
replaced one of mine with a 440 V rated capacitor. It lasted for a while,
then
shorted out and blew up, taking the transformer out with it. I later
checked the
voltage on the cap when it was charging, and it was almost 700 V.

Erv Troyer
Lagrange, IN