Re: (ET) Bio and intro of new member

If you have a golf course nearby, check with them for used batteries.  If
they
don't do their own maintenance, they should be able to refer you to
someone
who does.  They shouldn't be more than about $20 each.

Given the cost of ordinary golf car batteries, there's not much to be
gained
by tinkering with the GE charger unless it just doesn't work right.  But
I'd
agree that a 36 volt AUTOMATIC golf car charger will do better by the
batteries than will the GE.  Sometimes you can get a used one, again from
someone who does golf car work, fairly cheaply as some GCs have been
upgraded
to 48 volts in recent years.  "Lestronic" chargers are good choices, IMO.

David Roden - Akron, Ohio, USA
1991 Solectria Force 144vac
1991 Ford Escort Green/EV 128vdc
1970 GE Elec-trak E15 36vdc
1974 Avco New Idea 36vdc
We are a warlike people, and we love war.

           -- Michael Ledeen, American Enterprise Institute