Re: (ET) RE: New member needs an ET

>, but it seems the E8 has only three speeds forward(?).  So an Alltrax
would give you infinite control in any gear
> range, making it more versatile, no?

- First - I don't know the E8/E10 series (BTW when I mentioned the E8 was
like the JD90, I meant the ER8) so check me on this .

- Yes, a SS controller may makes more sense for this as it looks like speed
selection is only via transmission shifts. However, it is a PM motor, so I
think you would need a controller designed for PM motors.

> But then, the picture of the E8 shows a mower deck that doesn't look as
> beefy as the front decks.  Does anyone know how it holds up?  Still need
> to find out which is more maneuverable - short wheelbase/front deck, or
> long wheelbase/mid deck.

- Can't even guess on that. The mid mount will be harder to service (due to
location) and I believe uses a mechanical lift.

> An E8M does mount a snow/dozer blade, and I
> just got a kindly pointer from someone off-list to one in central PA.

- Sounds good - I looked for about half a year for mine.

- SteveS