Sent: Thursday, July 10, 2003 9:42 PM
Subject: (ET) Lestronic II charger

I have a new to me Lestronic charger which did not work. I opened it up and there is an automatic power switch which is controlled by a circut board. Not finding any obvious broken wires or burned components, I jumped around the switch and it works. It is now charging at about 16 amps.  (batteries are of unknown condition, completely dead and have not been charged in at least 8 months) So the question is, what should I watch for in this charger? And what is the best course to get some life out of these batteries. They are in a Ransomes tractor which I know nothing about and I do not want spend money on batteries until I see if it works at all.
thanks
John Briese
I-5 and Ransomes electric