Re: (ET) E-15 Reverse relay Arcing

I have an E12 with this same problem.  Admittedly still unsolved.  after
repairing the relay several times it finally fused together beyond repair.

before putting in the Bill Gunn version ($20) I came across the Hosfelt
catalog
that had  some surplus relays of similar specs for $2.00each. I bought 6
(they
were subsequently stolen along with my van but that's another story).  I
burned
up one of those before putting in a fuse in line between the relay and the
field.  now I just blow fuses but all the time.  On the E12 the varistor
($4
from Bill) is behind the lower panel cover jumping the field wires in the
connector.  I replaced it.  A friend of mine thought putting in a diode to
block the electrical surge of the collasping field when the motor changes
direction would help.  It didn't.  I suspect in my case something else is
amiss
but I haven't found it yet.  good luck with yours!

dave
E12S in Seattle