Re: (ET) 4QD Controllers

I used a 4QD Scoota 120A controller and it's working fine, although my
tractor has an admittedly easy life.  There's at least one other person on
this list with a 4QD.

I went with that controller (2-quadrant) and field-reversing before I came
to understand that the series field on the motors are small and just for
speed compensation and that a 4-quadrant controller would therefore work
fine.

A nice place to mount these is on the back of the cast aluminum front
grill, which is a great heat sink.  It's a bit messy to get the hot spot
of the controller lined up with a rib of the grill, but it's worth it.

>>> <Bfayette aol com> 3/11/2003 10:01:34 AM >>>
I need to get my E14 project on track again. I was going to play around
with my own controller design, but time limitations are kicking in. I
really like the features of the 4QD controllers. I am looking specifically
at the 4QD-300-48. Anybody have any experience/comments on 4QD or other
conmmericial controllers? Thanks!
  Brad