Re: (ET) Leaf Clean-Up

Simple solution. You take a Parker lawn sweeper, and with some judicious parts removal, you disconnect the wheels from the brush. Then with a bit of welding, you make a bracket to hold a low speed DC motor, and with a motorcycle chain and sprockets, connect it to the brushes. Motors from old tape drives from the 70's work great. I did it about 10 years ago. Works nice. I still have some of the motors. Would be happy to swap one for a spare mower deck motor for either a E12S or a E8M. I'm all out of spare deck motors.

Harry Landis

From: Sharp51482 aol com
To: Jack Casey dowjones com, fiskfarm mediaone net, ssawtelle erols com
CC: elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu
Subject: Re: (ET) Leaf Clean-Up
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 22:11:21 EDT

I am sick and tired of cleaning up all of these leaves!

Anyway Does anyone have any experience using either of the elec-trak cleanup
solutions?  The towable vacuum or the push vacuum??  I would be most
interested in getting the push vac.  What are the chances of finding this
unit? Does Bill have them? According to the GE catalog these were not tp be
available until Late 71.  I wonder if they were ever even manufactured.

Thanks!
Blu