Re: (ET) Thanks !

Marty,

What the hell? Did you have a lightning strike out there? Sounds like
everything is dead!

Seriously though, out of at least 8 ET tractors and half a dozen others
I have worked on I have never encountered anything worse with a charger
than a blown diode or cap or broken wire on any of them, so don't give
up too easily on those chargers.

>From your description, the first thing I would do is remove each battery
terminal and clean it. Tug on the wire connector ends as sometimes they
can be ready to fall off, but don't look it. This can lead to short run
times and poor charges.

Try to get a tech or knowledgeable electrician to check them out for
you. Bad plugs and cords are another common problem. Make sure you check
all the stupid stuff first. (KISS)  Being a master electrician myself I
have seen it all. Sometimes the plug prongs get so thin that they don't
make contact. I could ramble on, but you get the point.

Ahh, another common one is the master switch just being very dirty.
Wiggle that sucker all around. Spray the contacts with Break Away
(Cyclo).

Or they could just be dead!!

If all else fails, (I do this with all my ETs) mount another 30A range
plug right behind the accessory plug (use a hole saw to cut a hole for
the rec.) and wire it (observe polarity please) in parallel with the
acc. plug using # 10 wire. Then get yourself a good used Lester (or any
good equivalent) golf car charger. They are automatic and take all the
guess work out of the charging process. Much less likely to cook your
batteries. I only use the ET chargers for an occasional boost in the
field, etc..

Later,

Jim

ETs Rule!