RE: (ET) blown relay...

Dave:

My E15 schematic shows a MOV (metal oxide varister) across the field. The
E15 reverses the field polarity to change direction. I do not currently
have
the MOV installed (anybody know the rating on this?). I have never had any
welded contacts, and I am not particularly careful about waiting for the
tractor to stop before changing directions. I use the forward reverse as a
brake, I also move quickly back and forth to mow close to bushes, etc.

The control card has diodes to deal with the collapsing relay coil back
voltage. I don't think one of these failing would cause your contacts to
weld.

Rick Barnes
Aloha, OR