(ET) Mower Deck Group Purchase

I spoke with Bill Gunn / Technical Service today to order some parts and
asked Bill if it would be cheaper for him (and us) if we got a group
together and purchased many mower decks at the same time.  I also asked
if a large order would just swamp him!   He said that a large part of
the cost of mower decks is shipping, which would not see any savings.
He also said that the quantities would have to be on the order of 100
mower decks to see any real savings on production of the deck.  I would
probably order 2, that leaves 98 for everyone else.  If anyone is
seriously interested, drop me an email (but no need to post to the
group) and let me know.  I'll tally the number of decks and post the
total number to the group in a few days.  I really doubt we will get
anywhere 100, but if we get over 30 I'll approach Bill again and see if
he thinks it would be any help.  I don't know the current deck price
tag, but I think someone recently posted that it's over $1000.  Nothing
ventured, nothing gained.

By the way, he did mention that it is usually cheaper to rebuild a deck
yourself than to buy a complete new one, especially if the motors are
running.  Sounds like he stocks all the parts necessary.

Allan