Re: (ET) RE: Elec Tract Website

I plan to release any design I come up with to whomever wants it.  As is,
no
warranty, etc., of course.  I even thought that if I get PCB's made up I
could
sell them at cost to anyone who wants to build up their own.  (The volume
would
make it cheaper for me, too.)

I don't know much about patents, but I would be afraid that if the design
were
not patented it could be pateneted out from under us by someone else.
LINUX has
an advantage in that copyrights are simpler/cheaper to get than patents.
Also,
I would guess that many of the people on this list who would be interested
in
working on a design have signed agreements with thier employers giving the
employers rights any designs.  Anyone care to comment on this?

Allan