(ET) Hot Rod Elec-Trac

Hi,
Has anyone heard of Elec-Tracs being modified for hot rod garden tractor pulling competition? For those not familiar with garden tractor pulling, here is a brief description. It is the same as full size tractor or truck pulls. The tractor is attached to a sled that has wheels on the back and a skid on the front. A weight box starts out at the wheeled end of the sled, but moves forward, transferring its load to the skid as you move down the track. I pulled my E15 once in the stock class but did quite poorly. While I feel that I can outpull most tractors if we hooked back to back, I lacked the speed that other tractors could manage when pulling the sled. If anyone has had success in stock classes, please let me know what you did. There are various classes of hot rod machines, some are powered by 500 - 1000 cc snowmobile and motorcycle engines putting out up to 150 hp. The tractors are quite light (600 lbs. ?) Guys that I've spoken to that are in the sport say that an EV could not be competitive. The average pull is under a minute in duration, but could a small, high current pack feed enough juice to a large motor to get the job done?
Dean A. Stuckmann